Tuesday 5 April 2011

Enjoying another Yukon Golden Sunset






Greetings once again from the Yukon!

Sunday night was a gorgeous night to watch the sun set.  Moments before the sun was about to retire for the evening the sky was set ablaze with various shades of orange and yellow.  Once again I quickly searched for my camera, 300mm lens, tripod and cable release and made a mad dash across the street in hopes of capturing the silhouettes of the spruce and alder trees set against the dramatic backdrop.  I managed approximately 30 images - two of my favourites are posted above.

I was hoping for a repeat performance tonight - no luck.  Lets hope for tomorrow evening.  Speaking of which, aurora forecasters are predicting a good chance of spotting the northern lights tomorrow night. 

The days are certainly getting longer - the sun rose at 7:13 and set at 21:02

Good night from the Yukon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line.