Sunday 10 April 2011

An afternoon with the swans!


Hi again - I just pulled into Pelly.  A very long day but a rewarding one.

Late this morning I returned to the river that connects Marsh Lake with Tagish Lake with the hopes of photographing more swans.  The weather was ideal for photography with plenty of sun, soft light and clouds - oh yes, there was the occasional snow squall and whiteout conditions.   More importantly I had very cooperative subjects.

All in all I spent close to four hours with a group of 20 swans while I was crouched under the boughs of a spruce tree.  I felt privileged to have watched and photographed the swans go about their business without a care in the world.  I'm pleased with my efforts.  

It's shortly before midnight and I'm pooped....  more images to come tomorrow.

Good night

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claus,
    lovely pictures, thank you!
    Cheers from Lünen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci pour toutes ces belles photos! Thanks to share them, they are BEAUTIFULL!
    Andrée

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line.