Sunday, 19 August 2012
Here are few images from Saturday nights finale of the Casino du-lac Leamy Sound of Light Show.
A spectacular display of pyrotechnics.
Hope all is well in your corner of the world.
Nikon D800, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 at f/7.1 and 8. ISO 500, bulb mode. Tripod mounted and cable release attached.
Thursday, 16 August 2012
Team China - Story of Butterfly Lovers
Casino du-lac Leamy Sound of Light Festival
Wed August 15, 2012
Saturday evening marks the grand finale of the Casino du-lac Leamy's annual International Fireworks festival held in Gatineau, Quebec. Last night, Team China performed their "Story of the Butterfly Lovers" show to a symphony of sound, light and colour.
Photographing fireworks is relatively straight forward provided you keep a few pointers in mind. Listed below are a handful of helpful tips:
- Camera must be mounted on a tripod
- Attach a cable release to camera (this minimizes the shaking of the camera when you snap the shot)
- Set ISO to 500 and shutter speed to BULB mode
- f/stop set to 7.1
- Set camera to manual focus - make sure your camera is pre-focused to a point where the fireworks will be displayed
- You do not need to use a flash
- Quickly press the cable release for each burst
- Review images during a lull in the performance to ensure your images are in focus and not overexposed. If overexposed, or underexposed, adjust the length of timing you hold the shutter release.
The above images were photographed using a Nikon D800 with Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 lens attached (set to f7.1)
See you Saturday night.
Email me if you have any questions or wish to share your images with me.
Sunday, 12 August 2012
Team USA - Love is all you need
Composite Image (Sat Aug 11)
Greetings once again!
Hard to believe that summer is quickly slipping through our fingers. Where did the time go??
If you are in the Ottawa region during the next few days I highly recommend spending an evening (or two) watching the fireworks at Lac Leamy (near the Casino in Gatineau). This years annual Casino du lac-Leamy Sound of Light Show kicked off two weeks ago and concludes in the coming days – China performs on Wednesday night (August 15th) while the grand finale is set for Saturday August 18th.
In anticipation of the upcoming shows I'll post a blog outlining some tips to photographing fireworks. Stay tuned!
Image info: Camera - Nikon D800; Lens - Nikor 24-70mm f/2.8; ISO 400-500; f 6 to 7.1