Monday 14 March 2011

500 days till London 2012

This morning the official countdown toward next years Olympic Summer Games began in London, England.  Hard to believe the worlds best athletes will once again compete for Olympic Glory in only 500 days.  

Today's milestone brings back memories from my Olympic experience during last year's Winter Games in Vancouver.  I was thrilled to have watched the opening ceremonies, several speed skating events and the women's gold medal hockey and curling matches.  What a memorable experience those 16 days were.

As a photographer I was keen on preserving those memories digitally.  My main goal was to capture the mood of the Games as I knew it would be impossible to take action shots of athletes at close range.  I was impressed at how the Nikon D700 and Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 lens handled the ever changing light conditions the Games presented.  I'll let you in on some of my tips on photographing the Olympics in a future post.  In the mean time I've attached a few of my favourite images from Vancouver.  You can also check my website out for more images from those 16 days of winter glory.

Enjoy!  

PS - Tickets for all events at the London Olympics are now on sale - there goes my bank account once again!


Opening Ceremony - Vancouver 2010

Opening Ceremony - Vancouver 2010

Opening Ceremony - Vancouver 2010

Opening Ceremony - Vancouver 2010

Gold Medal - Vancouver 2010

Olympic Champions - Vancouver 2010

Germany - Speed Skating - Vancouver 2010

Silver Medalists - Curling - Vancouver 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line.