Monday 25 June 2012

Yukon and Alaska - Summer Road Trip 2012

Tombstone Territorial Park (Yukon) and the Dempster Hwy

Summer 2012 has begun in grand style.  During the past few days I've be on the road updating the North chapter for the newest edition of the Rough Guide to Canada (due to be released in Spring 2013).  My tour took me up to the 220km mark on the Dempster Hwy and through Tombstone Territorial Park.  Stunning views of a rugged and raw landscape.  Then it was off to Dawson City for a few hours before crossing the Yukon River to meet up with the famed Top of the World Hwy.  Again, impressive views of rugged mountains, alpine tundra and drunken forests of spruce.  The highway took me through the gold town of Chicken and eventually to Tok.  Spent the night in Tok and continued my journey back to the Yukon via the Alaska Hwy. Along the way I stopped in Beaver Creek, Burwash, Haines Junction and Kluane National Park .    Total km: just over 2,000km in three days!

Join me in the coming days as I share my images and tales with you. 

I hope you are enjoying the start of your summer.

Cheers,
Claus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line.